This weekend, finally got the 500" "B" stroker engine running, but had a problem.
The engine was hard to crank over, but finally got it started and running at about 1,000 - 2,000 rpm, after a few minutes the engine stopped dead, like something broke/seized
Let the engine cool a bit, and pulled a valve cover to view the rocker arms in case the cam broke. Went to bump the engine over and now it cranked much easier. All the rocker arms were operating too, so I think the problem may have been the transmission?
Put the valve covers back on, and started the engine, which now fired up really easy because the starter cranked faster. Engine sounds ok, even though a bit rattley because the valve lash is on the large side. I tried putting the 727 in gear and nothing happened, so I guess the something in the trans broke?
I figure it is the pump or converter. I re-used my old converter and installed the new max-lug gears in the pump, but it may be that I did not get the converter installed correctly before bolting everything up?
Anyhow, I will pull the trans this weekend and see what broke. Anyhow, I guess it is an excuse to get a higher stall converter

On a side note, the new 130 Amp Denso alternator seems to work great!