Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I also forgot to point out that this one doesn't have the correct channel holding in the screens, as well as the wrong brackets.

You are really pumped up about this! The black screened hood scoops were off of an air grabber car that never had the air grabber off of it. Think about if it had the solid inserts, wouldn't the inserts be thicker and wouldn't the little brackets have been bent up more? These have two thin flat bars holding them in that iare factory (not needed with solid inserts) and it looks like they have never been removed. I personally took the AG and the scoops off the car.

A: I'm not that pumped up about it. I just don't think those pics are of "correct" parts.
B: The block off plates are thinner than screens and the channel, for sure, and use the longer brackets (which are straight).
C: Those two flat bars I have never seen that style ever. Channel should be an "L" shape. Look at the pic of the red screens.
D: You personally taking these off a car, in the '70's, does not mean they were not changed. You can't go by what screws look like 35 years later, sorry. That setup could have been changed a few months after owning, just like adding mag wheels.
E: I can't always buy into the "never say never" logic to justify things found 40 years later on a car, that were probably changed at one point. Guys modified their cars, they raced them, personalized them, showed them off, thats what was done to these cars. There were plenty of these cars starting to end up in junkyards, so you could easily add an air grabber off a wrecked car and paint the screens black to make it look like your "stock" hood, but show your buddies your trick air grabber parts you added. Thats more plausible than anything! Think outside the restoration "box". I'm not trying to offend anyone, just making some valid points.

+1, unless roadrunnerJD took delivery of the car when new and documented the black screens, it's all open to interpretation. FWIW, Bull1t is correct about the clips.