Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So...is this correct then? Are you SURE the inserts shouldn't be painted a Red/Orange?

Nice car Eric! Looks great!

Thanks JD! Factory X9, X9 with V21 and V7R. All numbers matching 4 speed 383 car, power steering, woodgrain wheel, rust free orig metal, orig window sticker, broadcast sheet and more! I started to think the Red hood inserts would look great with the Red pinstripe, Redline tires and Red drums if it was correct. I'll keep them Black like they are supposed to be! Thanks for all of the feedback!

I think you had a good thought about the red inserts with the color combo. Here's a suggestion. Why not install red air grabber screens even though it's not an air grabber car? They would look great. You don't really have to worry about water getting in. That's what I did with my new Runner in 69 for 3 years and never had any "rain" problems and so did Moparcanuck with his Q5 Runner. Here's a picture of the one's I changed from black to red on the Hemi I used to have. They just look nice on the 69 hood!It's not like your car is going to sit outside in the weather and you have to worry about rain getting in the engine compartment. You can save the metal inserts. I used Weber Bar-B-Que grill paint from my local True Value hardware store and a satin clear coat and really liked the results. Your blackout treatment looks perfect! What paint was used?

5835620-PICT0062.JPG (254 downloads)
Last edited by RoadRunnerJD; 02/28/10 02:31 PM.