Quote:

I also forgot to point out that this one doesn't have the correct channel holding in the screens, as well as the wrong brackets.

You are really pumped up about this! The black screened hood scoops were off of an air grabber car that never had the air grabber off of it. Think about if it had the solid inserts, wouldn't the inserts be thicker and wouldn't the little brackets have been bent up more? These have two thin flat bars holding them in that iare factory (not needed with solid inserts) and it looks like they have never been removed. I personally took the AG and the scoops off the car. My Hemi car had the black screens and I think the retainers were angles on that one? When I restored my Hemi car, I consulted with Roger Gibson because I had the same question about color. My understanding is that many early cars had black screens. Mine was Nov 7. No matter what the difference in configuration, these screens are original and they are black and they came off of a painted hood car with no stripes. That's a fact but it really doesn't matter. If you have a rare car and need to prove it, you should have photo documentation of the resto but if you just go red, nobody will question the color of the screens.... but this thread was really about the color of solid inserts.