Quote:

I think pro-touring nowadays is really about making these cars more drivable. People complain about so called BIG wheels on pro-touring cars, but in reality they are actually smaller than most of the wheels that manufactures are putting on their new cars.

For example, I run 18 inch wheels on both my Charger and Daytona, yet my SRT8 Magnum came stock from the factory with 20's.

Also, keep in mind that it doesn't that much to make these cars go, stop and handle anymore. 5 or 10 years ago the aftermarket components simply weren't there, but thats just not so today. Brakes, suspension systems, A/C, etc... are all readily available.

Both my cars have been driven across the country multiple times and run and perform just fine and are stone reliable. The only downside is really interior noise and fuel economy, otherwise you can really drive these cars everyday.

MrAngry your cars look bad ass.
Do you have an overdrive on either?

FWIW, I think 18's are the biggest wheels that look good on these cars; any bigger and they tend to look goofey or they have to run tires with an inch of sidewall. Even the new cars wheels are getting too big because they don't tuck into wheel wells anymore; the wheel openings take up the entire side of the body panel and just doesn't look good to me.

"These go to eleven", Nigel Tufnel