Quote:

Maybe I read the wrong article.

The article I read said nothing about NHRA endorsing or taking over 'Pinks'. The article I saw said that the producers of Pinks would basically oversee and produce shows filmed at events, working with the NHRA. The 'events' would include racing, autocross, car shows, swap meets, etc.

I personally don't see the appeal of Pinks myself, but if people like it, good for them.

I see the NHRA trying to promote events that will place more people at race tracks, and making steps to televise those events. It is hard for me to figure out a reason to bash NHRA for such a plan.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I read the same thing. My point was the fact that NHRA never really cared about the little guy and especially the door slammer before. I am glad they are trying to promote the sport...
But with that being said, I think they should address a lot of issues they currently have with the racers who supported them all of these years, and yet they get crapped on every year by rule changes, class factoring,increase in entry fees, increase in chassie certification fees, etc etc.
How about the poor family who pays $60.00 a ticket only to watch racing in one lane because the other one has water come thorough or has a bump.
As for Pinks.... wasn't real keen on the original, but the Pinks All Out on TV is ok. I wish more tracks would have clasifacation by the .10 and run heads up. It has brought some good publicity to the sport which is good for all of us. Maybe the tracks will start seeing more cars and more spectators again.