Quote:

Quote:

.030 over 440 10:1, light weight rods, aluminum heads, RPM intake, Mopar 557 solid (or like cam) headers, HOLLEY 850 DP (note a Eddy 800 will not support a 500hp motor w/o modifications) That should get you pretty close.

huh...better not let AndyF's 580HP 406 (.030 over 400) he built with eddie heads, a small roller cam, eddie RPM intake and 800AVS know.....

BTW, an XE275HL is [Email]231@.050[/Email]

I was assuming you have a solid short/long block that you were going to add onto. if cyl taper is good, you could maybe get away with reringing your shortblock and calling it good.

Thanks! I always forget the duration at .050 valve lift, I knew it was around 230-235

and above, that's why I said to spend the money on good machine work and get a good solid well built short block, then scrimp, save, haggle, and bid on some good condition used parts to finish the motor out.

if you're paitent, you can pick up an RPM intake for around $100. used carbs can be had for deep discounts from guys who are either going bigger or changing from a Holley to an Eddy or vice versa, or changing their race car to run on E85/alcohol, etc.

you just gotta be paitent.

remember, you can have it done Fast, Cheap, or Reliable...pick 2 of the 3.

**Photobucket sucks**