Quote:

The stroker kits are great for power, but I though you were on a tight budget. Besides, to feed the extra size of the stroker you will need aftermarket heads.

We have put plenty strokers together with iron heads. I have one right now in a Volare that will run 11.20's in the 1/4 and leaves with the front tires in the air, (Ross pistons, eagle rods, MP purple camshaft around .510 lift, 904 trans 3800 BTE converter, 4.30 rear on 29" tires weighing in at 3200lbs wet with driver). I was running stock rods in it for a while when I put it together for the first time, budget build with the cast mopar stroker pistons. My dist came loose and I lost a few pistons.I ran an Eddie airgap at first and made great power down low the switched to an M1 and it moved the power range up a few hundred rpm so you could really use either intake. You just can't beat the tourqe of a small stroker. The engines manners are great IMO also. You will have to consider the extra cost tho. Its easy to get 400 to 450 hp from a mild iron headed stroker. If I were doing another, I would sit on my project a few more months to save up a little more and do it right. You won't be dissapointed.

76' Volare, 5.9 magnum w/Iron heads. New best 10.68 at 123 mph 1/4 mile.