Yes, My repro AAR hood had repro TA springs on it for about a year and it got pretty warped. (that's when I found out about having the wrong springs) Took em off and been using a prop rod ever since. Hood flattened out over the coarse of a month or so. Heat helps it flatten out, if your in a hurry you could park it in the sun. I've also heard of a guy putting sand bags on the hood cause the weight helps too, but it's not neccesary if your patient.

Another note: if you don't like the prop rod look you can bend a solid bar to replace the spring. Just make it so it hooks around the same spots the spring would and make it the proper length to hold the hood in the open position. Should only need it on one side. Just open the hood and install the bar, same procedure as a prop rod, but it doesn't take up as much space in the back seat. You can even paint it to match your car, and few people will ever notice the springs aren't there. It's not up in your way like a prop rod. JUST ONE REALLY IMPORTANT THING! DON'T FORGET IT'S THERE AND TRY TO CLOSE THE HOOD! (Crack!! )

Tav