Joshking440, I am sure most of us do not mean to disrespect your decision on your combo. As you point out on paper your combo works, in reality it wont (IMHO) It may "pull the load" but it will do it struggling to maintain stability.

Consider the senario of any freeway driving in normal traffic when there is road construction going on with lane changes, paving unevenness, a retaining wall with just enough room for a small car in the other lane. you will wish the trailer was empty or that you had a 2500. This may seem like the worst case senario but it is one of hundreds that come up.

Like I said before it may "pull" it but you will be white knuckle and stain your shorts more than once when the trailer is loaded with a car, generator, tools, small compressor, a full mini firdge ect. It is not so much about the engine/trans/gear as it is about the truck's suspension and weight pulling it.

I had a similar setup and had to go to an open car trailer. I could not afford nor wanted a "bigger truck" as I only tow a few times a year

Exceptional Architectural, Yacht and Automotive scale models. e-mail modelmakerinc@att.net for a portfolio review. www.modelmakerinc.com