First off, until you want to get into the 11s, stick with the dual plane, or if you have room, performer rpm.Those manifolds will make more power up to 5,000 rpm over a single plane. Since you will be in the bottom half of each gear over half the time, and probably not revving it past 5800 to 6,000, you just don't need it yet.
I would pull the heads, check to see what you have for quench, actual compression, and any port work. The quench issue is probably not something you can do anything about, having 906 heads. But you can have a sharp three angle valve job done and have the bowls blended just up from the valves.
Fuel system, you can probably get by with a good, high volume race type mechanical pump for now, stock lines. Just be sure and put a pressure gauge on the car, and be sure you have at least five psi in the traps.
Cool air is your friend. See if you can rig up a cold air intake without having to chop up anything on the car. All you need is a way to get a four inch dryer type duct up to a good, sealed aircleaner if you don't have a cold air package now. Optimize jetting and spark at the track, and you should be there.
The rear end life is subject to how hard you launch. I would get some sticky drag radials, put up with a slightly slower 60 ft than slicks, and let the rear punkin live a while. You are not going to need a lot of suspension tricks to run 12s. The SS springs along with some drag rear shocks from ma mopar (if they still sell em!) are cheap, and will get the job done . Otherwise, Rancho adjustable s would be the next cheapest way to control the rear axle. I would leave the front as is for now, exhuast your efforts on the back end first.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky