Well, it would be hard to say for certain on all of them.

Take BH23G0B100052 as one example.

It has a broadcast sheet sequence number of 1000001, so it was the first car scheduled for build on Assembly Line 1 at Hamtramck for the 1970 model year.

What happened to the first 51 VINS / cars? Assembly line 2 for some perhaps, but deffinately not all of them.

To me, pilot cars were pre-production. Some had VINs "pulled" out of the pool & they were built early. I have one on file with a 731 date but its VIN is outside of the first 100 VINs by a bit. 100052 mentioned above has a SPD of 801 which was the official start of the 1970 model year. So, the 731 car in all likelyhood was a pilot car.

The Yellow Jacket / Diamante ownership was retained by Chrysler for several years, but I am not aware of any others that they hung onto anywhere near that long.

For 1970 Hamtramck, some cars in the first 100 vins assigned had 'JOB NUMBERS' on the fender tag while others were not.

Some of them also have M VON prefixs, which on the early cars means show car / sales bank. These cars were sold as used cars after their 'show' purpose was no longer needed.

Hopefully more information comes in, this is a fascination of mine to say the least. I have more questions than answers.