Quote:

The .509 makes power. But the wrong type for a street car. Assuming the poster who disagree are ignorant shows a heck of a labido. I've run the .509, and I've taken them out when they are all wrong. For the poster's need it's wrong. There are MUCH better cams out there, and even if you do want to run 70s technology the 21st century low bidder manufacturing stinks on them. Do yourself a favor and have the block blueprinted and run something designed for modern all around performance. In any case, replace the springs to match your cam choice. Stock springs are too weak for any perfomance cam worth buying.

I didn't even bother to respond to the other reply.. . why start a I have neither the interest or time for it My only comment will be figure out the dynamic compression on that 383 with that cam...And the OP hasn't even offered the gearing in the car yet.

Agreed the 02 voodoo would be a very good choice and was my initial thought, but still trying to keep in the guidelines set by the OP (his current springs.) I went more conservative

Current cars: 2000 Dak Quad Cab, 2012 Challenger,1970 Road Runner, 1994 Firehawk

1966 Coronet post sedan, 1988 Corvette, 2005 Magnum RT all SOLD

R70RUNNER<---VP Inland Empire Chapter of the MPM