Quote:

I would run it all it needs is a little cam advance and it will kick ##$. you should upgrade the springs to 33's or some comp cams ones
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/valvesprings2.html
The 509 is a great cam and in a four speed it will be fine. Most inexperienced posters don't know how to set them up. They are best with mild no brainer cams. Hey if it don't work installed as I say it's and easy enough out!!! (but it will work)So Install it with the intake centerline (max lift) at least 4 advanced in at 102 or maybe even 100 and it will have all the life and pop you want!
I personally love this cam for the street and light strip. But unlike most above I like all the power you can get and have learned over the years how to make bigger cams work to get low end and max power!!

I agree.Some guys put there cams in per card specs and wonder why there speedboat launchs like a tugboat.When Mopar Performance test there Purple Shaft cams they advance them 2dg's and list them as such(Mopar Engines 8th Edition).But not that way on there cam cards.
If you do decide to try the 509,get some springs and 391's and check the piston to valve clearence after you adavance it.4 speeds need alittle more VP clearence

Edit:Uuuum you have the lifters to that cam too? Shoot me a pm after you decide

Last edited by kruger; 10/26/09 09:12 PM.