Quote:

Thanks for the links and information. To b honest my "plan" as it relates to what I am going to use the car varies day to day but I would say it will predominately a street driven car.

That moving target doesn't help.

Quote:

However, in saying that I want it to handle like a race car as much as feasible. I (like everyone) looked at the tubular K frames and suspension thinking they were more "modern" however after quite a lot of research I have decided to stay with the original configuration except with some upgrades such as tubular upper control arms, reinforced lowers, adjustable struts, big T bars, FF stage 3 box, fast ratio arms, poly bushings, etc. Basically I want this car to handle as good or better than my ACR Viper.

Ok, I've seen people ask that before. "make my old Mopar like my Viper. You're best bet is a full on complete XV Stage II system. And maybe you'll get close to ACR Viper level, don't get your hopes up.

Using the bolt on stuff you mentioned, you might be able to do some things near Viper level. But it will be done without the refinement of a Viper (not they are known for refinement). You car will be rough, tough, crude, and not very forgiving. But for some people that's more exicting and fun to drive.

Look to build something like the Hotchkis Challenger with 1.15 or bigger T-bars, AREngineering 13" brakes with viper Brembo calipers, 275 wide front tires, and consult http://www.naake.com/ on shocks (maybe some revalved QA1's).

The only way to really compare what you end up with is to run the Viper at a road course and then run your Cuda when you're finished. See which ones have better times.

I don't know how you would compare the cars on the street. What feels fast and what is fast is most of the time very different.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 10/25/09 02:32 AM.