Quote:

Quote:

WHAT?
I have had two of them in three different big blocks, and switched to belt drive because of the noice. In the engine dyno through mufflers the operator asked several times if the engine is really ok, are you sure that it won't blow up? Other than that it's a good unit, very reliable and accurate, easy to set on after you figure it out etc. However, nothing wrong with a good chain either, and a bunch less $.

I totally agree with this statement! We fired our 471 up and I thought the dyno was frigged up because of the different and very noticeable noise. I put my stethoscope all over the engine just to make sure and the second I touched the cover it just about tore my ear drums out. I think it does have a lot to do with the idler gear being and integral part of the cover. That being said- timing stays super accurate, once you know how to use the vernier type cam gear you can jack the cam around to whatever you want quickly and easily. My only piece of advice would be to get a GOOD dampener as I think it kicks the crap outta a lesser one pretty fast. J.Rob

I think its all relative. What one person would consider noisy, another may say its not. The Milodon installed in my Hemi is noisy compared to the other 2 milodon drives I used. I also think its from the idler bolted to the cover instead of the block.
AG

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.