I had 3 of them.All Milodon type with the single idler. One in a Turbo Buick Stage 2 V6, 340 Mopar and 572 Hemi. All three were set with proper clearance. The Buick and the 340 were very quiet. For some reason the one on my Hemi is noisy. I think it may have something to do with the idler bolted to the aluminum cover. I actually had it in two different blocks so I know its not a clearance issue. Besides the noise, I like the precise timing that the gear drives offer. My Buick has over 3500 street miles with a solid roller and moderate spring pressures and getting ready to tear it down for inspection but don't expect to find any wear or problems with the gear drive.
Based on my experience, I would recomend it to anyone. As stated in the previous post, initial set-up is a little tricky but once it is set, it will stay there.

Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.