Let's talk compressors -

Here's a few options I've found, from cheapest and leastest to costliest and bestest -

Campbell Hausfeld 1 gallon 100PSI Air Compressor

$40, free shipping.

Campbell Hausfeld 2 Gal Twinstack Air Compressor FP2095

$61, free shipping.

Campbell Hausfeld 3 gallon 100 psi air compressor kit

$68, free shipping

These three are pretty weak, but on the plus side, I don't have to do any garage modifications to support them. Maybe one day I'll need a portable compressor for airbrush work, who knows.

Campbell Hausfeld 60-gallon Woodworking and Auto Restoration Air Compressor

$438

Campbell-Hausfeld 80 Gallon Shop Air Compressor

$800

These are the ones to have, but they're expensive and come with installation issues. I might have to run 220 out to the garage, which I need to do to run a welder anyway. I'd need to clear out a space for it. I don't know if the concrete is strong enough for one of these. It probably is, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about concrete to say for sure.

What do you guys think about this -

Quote:

Priming the car really is not something you can do for yourself unless you have your very own spray booth and are set up to shoot modern paints. Long gone are the days when primer can or should be shot in your garage, driveway or even in the shop section of a body shop. I am sure there are still those that shoot primer in an exposed area, but it is a dangerous and stupid thing to do. There are enough toxins in modern paints and primers to drop a carthorse and to expose yourself or any one else to the effects and chemicals contained in them is well beyond foolhardy. A thoroughly modern spray booth is the only place for them to be used, with correct and adequate protection for the user. If etching primers can etch steel, imagine what they can do to your lungs, skin and eyes, the family pets and the kids next door.

Link

I didn't realize primers were that bad.