Quote:

Quote:

Width and location would have put the widest point of the drive train under the fender ridge.

The struts would have fit under the hood? Seems to me they would wind up between the hood and "crown" of the fenders if the wheels were centered under the fenders. This is the reason I'm thinking this would work best on a fat-fendered car...or more specifically a circa '53 International pickup. Let's see, a 2002 Grand Caravan weighs around 4,000 lbs. A '53 International weighs about...

Actually, the struts fit under the fenders! The top of struts sit just towards center and above the tires and the springs fit under the strut tops and on the engine side of the tires. When you get done, the tire can not sit up into the wheel opening like seems so popular these days. You will need the extra space above the tire to fit the upper strut mount under the crown of the fender. I actually had this all mocked up back in the day, just things are a bit foggy after all these years. Just a few years before I thought all that out, I had been a tech at a local Chrysler dealer and was very fimiluar with the fwd setups. All I know is if I was going through the process of building a frame, I had figured it would work.

A fat fendered car or truck would have been a lot easier, bunches more room.

Did you guys know that back in the mid 80 (about 87) Chrysler was experimenting with turbo charging the new at the time 3.0 V6? If only a guy could get his hands on that setup.... They had a version running around at the Chrysler Tech Center. Our instructor at one of the calsses I took said it was wicked fast (in 87 terms). There are some advantages of getting places early, a couple of us early birds had to help put it in the corner and cover it up before most of the class got there. Gene