Quote:

Quote:

also, I highly recommend Jim Ridge over at Dixie Restorations for alternator restos. His communication and restoration work are second to none.

That's fine, but since this is cloneguy post and clone guy doing the work, well leave him to posting the outside sources.

I'm eagerly watching this post tim and look forward to seeing this car done and driving. How your pops is doing? better better I hope. Keep up the good work!

True. The recommendation was made by the owner of the car who is providing nearly all of the coatings we are using.

It's his car and we are using what he wants us to use. We are not tied to any certain brands or processes AND the coatings ARE the best we've ever used. In the future, whenever anyone want this type of restoration, we'll use the same sources.

Finally, thanks to all for the kind thoughts about my Dad. He is finally doing much better and nearly ready to go back home.

A word to the wise. If you are older and something bad happens to your health, don't be in GA. The medical people we worked with at "the best" places around here would have never gotten the job done. They seemed to be dragging everything out to be sure they used up all of his insurance benefits. He is in a good place in FL with my sister and his improvement is staggering.

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net