John, don't know what other modifications the guy did other than putting in the springs and I never inquired as to how much timing it had. The car ran great after the initial engine swap and had plenty of power (about 15 years ago).

There is an update to this story. From what I can remember, my friend told me he unhooked the vacuum advance and gave it more timing. It took it all the way up to about 21 initial and 38 total. Made a big difference in power as it will spin the tires. The Street Dominator is coming off and will be replaced by the Weiand Action Plus. I am running a stock air cleaner and it nearly hits the hood with the SD. Can't run a spacer with the SD which we need due to heat soak. I expect the change in intake will make a big difference in the low end and we'll adjust the timing again after the switch. The SD just doesn't appear to be a good match for this combo. I'll give an update with specifics after this is completed. Thanks to all who have posted with advice thus far.