Quote:

This is a higher mileage engine and the compression was checked before going into this. The cylinder pressure varied amongst the cylinders and ranged from a high of 145 to a low of 130. I thought I posted about these numbers and whether they would be ok, but I can't seem to find the post. Anyway, from what I gathered on other similar posts, my compression while not great was not all that bad. I believed the engine to be in good enough condition that it could take a mild cam along with the new timing chain, intake, and carb. All advice on timing including vacuum readings will be considered and we'll see how much additional it can take. I believe the pump shot is still in the stock position and we can play with that some too after the timing is figured out. It doesn't have any off idle stumble under moderate throttle or anything like that, just bogs when you try to open it up. This car runs great and could be driven all day long but just simply has no guts.

Those #s are a bit low, not horrible, but on the lower end, most stock 440s will be around 150-155, don't know what to tell ya other then you may want to check it agian, they may be alot lower, but like said, it might be carb/timing related.

Last edited by joedust451; 09/18/09 04:45 PM.

75 Duster, 451 10.87 @ 123.58 NA 97 Z28 6sp., 12.01 @ 115 on a 100 shot 71 Swinger. 360 magnum. 12.58 @ 105 78 cutlass, 469 BBC. 12.70 @ 108 on street tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2kqNmMfheU