Quote:

Well... check out my latest post entitled:

UPDATE** Converting to the MSD 6A from MP ECU... My 340 acts the same way!

Maybe you and I have the same problem...

Question: Is this a recent/new problem or did you make several changes that could be the linked to the cause?

Tim...

i had a stalling problem, where the car would just shut off when driving, i changed the ballast resistor and the ign ecu (from orange to chrome). that solved that issue, and i was mainly sorting out the car so i really did'nt floor it until i just changed the original exhaust out for a TTi 2.5" and went back to HP original manifolds from some log 70's manifolds. I was afraid to floor it with the original exhaust, since there were alot of leaks, and it was hanging on by coat hanger wires!!!! Now that i've gone thru the whole car (even finding a loose engine mount!!!) i started driving it harder, and now noticing the problem. I might try the orange ecu, i think my stalling problem was the ballast resistor since it was cracked. It does not do it in high gear, only on a down shift when it starts going into the upper rpms, at about 3600rpms, then it just falls on it's face and puts your head into the windshield. I'm not thinking it's a fuel issue since it does'nt do it when your in high gear, at lower rpms. It's instant, like someone hit a switch, if you back off a little, then hit it again it's fine most of the time, almost feels like the seccondaries are just slamming shut.