Somewhere along the line I had an e-mail from Jerry Valentine talking about the '66-'67 B-body cars that NHRA killed off since there were only a few documented. Maybe Judy's was one of those. I tried to find that e-mail but couldn't find it. I was talking to him about the steel nosed 1964 Belvedere hardtops but they never built the 50 minimum for SS. There was a period where the steel noses weren't legal, only the aluminum. Makes no sense when it isn't a performance advantage, just more cost effective.

That is one area where I think allowing modern components is a good idea. Yeah, the aluminum Edelbrock heads don't look right, but they are easy to find and cost effective compared to old 1960s heads that are hard to find and expensive. I just wish they would allow fiberglass in place of aluminum body panels on the lightweight cars for the same reason. $20k for an aluminum front end is crazy when $2k worth of fiberglass could be a legal replacement. Just make them weigh the same, heavy duty fiberglass vs. delicate aluminum fenders and hood.

Floyd Lippencott IV