Quote:

I run radial street tires up front and was running the Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires that were 29 x 11.5. The tread was just over 10" as the 11.5 is the width on the Hoosier tires. My 63 runs mid 11's from 114 to 16 and it would wander some on the top end but not real bad. I did notice it would really want to go with the lines in the street when driving on the street and I did not like that when in traffic. They also rubbed on turns as my suspension is stock location with stock body so I decided to try the Hoosier 30 x 9 radial slick. They dont ever rub and wow does it handle like a new car. The car went faster on them once I got it to hook on them and I have been driving with them on the street and they handle way better then any other rear tire I had on the car. The problem is no one makes a 30 x 9 drag radial ! I can only find a radial drag tire of that size in the slicks only and they fit perfect in my wheelwell. So I had the new radial slicks on an 8" wheel and I took the old pair that I had tried first and put them on a 7" wheel and have been driving them on the street since May. They handle so good I wont go back to the QTP tires. I just wish someone made a 30 x 9 drag radial. Ron

So you are running the DOT drag radial on the street and have no issues? i am going back and for with this issue and i know they do not recommend these tires or the bias ply drag DOT slick for street use.

1965 Plymouth Barracuda 273 M/SA
1970 Plymouth Duster 360/904 10.60s with J heads