I can't remember, but I don't think I have ever ran a car down the track with Radial front, Bias rear until last week (at least a fast car) & am wondering if the majority of my top end wandering issues is from the mis matched tires?

I've ran several cars on the street with Radial front/Bias rear combo's & never really had any ill handling issues, but those are generally stiff sidewall bias plys like a M/T INDY Profile.

My Road Runner now has 235/60 BF Goodrich Radial TA's up front & 26 X 11.5 Hoosier Quick Time Pros on back for track use.... Last week had rear pressure @ 18PSI, car went 118.4 MPH & was wandering all over the place from about 1/8 mile on, & then decides to do some wicked diving around when I let off after the stripe. I thought I'd make it a little better by trying 24 PSI since junk converter was'nt allowing it to hit tires hard on launch anyhow.... needless to say I let off around 1100' as I was wandering towards the timing boxes @ the traps. I only have a 7" wheel & with the 11.5's with more air actually reduces contact patch....

I ordered a set of 275/60/15 Hoosier Drag Radials this AM & will try those this weekend if weather cooperates. I have a new 4000 Stall PTC 9.5" verter coming at beginning of week, & am hoping I can get car to hook with the DR's once it is in.

I've had the car to around 110 on the street with the Hoosiers on & it feels way better stability wise, than it does at the track?? Dunno what is into it... Buddy of mine has a mid 11 sec '70 Chevelle that runs Radial fronts & M/T ET Streets on back & said his does similar wandering around, but he said his really only does it on deceleration...

I did'nt really want to try a bias front tire since I drive car every day on street I'd like to keep the Radial TA's on it, because they work well in the rain & taking corners @ speed..

Just wondering what everyone's experiences have been like trying to run 110+ MPH with radial front/Bias rear, especially with a wrinklewall rear tire....

Just feels like rear end is wandering from side to side real bad @ speed & I'm constantly trying to chase it with steering wheel. Not happy with it at all....