Quote:

OK Royce .... I see that link and all I can say is this .....

There have been links posted here that show a 454 being put into a 1974 Travco.

If you want to believe a 413 was available in 1977 ..... go for it.

The fact is .. is the 413 was dropped in mid-1973 because a 440 cost a TON less to produce. The PRIMARY reason for this cost diff were the 943 heads. ALSO .. the 413 block was special also ... that cost more too.

Why,instead of telling the 413 was droped in 1973,show us the documentation that you know is accurate to back it up.No heresay,no missinformation,just actual facts.In other words,prove it.You stated at the beginning of this post that when I said I had a 73 Indian with a 413 and TQ,I was wrong.The TQ came out in 71 as a air metered carb on the 340,72 TQ's were solid fuel and availiable on most 4bbl motors along with the Holley depending on application.413 intake is same configuration as 440,but you should know that.Don't tell me what was/was not on what I bought new and owned for 6yrs.On another note,did you ever see a mid 80"s 360 Dodge /Plymouth police package with a Quadrajet?Quite common,anything could/can exist.As for engines in various motor homes,remember the motor home mfg's bought/installed drivetrains from whoever they choose .