This is where Mopar has seriously been lacking for so long now.

all through the 90s you had the Mustang 5.0 - which any kid could get a hold of and do minor mods to it, afford it and have fun racing it and screwing around with it. Then came the LT1 cars from GM and later the LS1 cars. Run pump gas, drive to the track with bolt on parts and run high 10s, low 11s. Thats flat out flying in a car that gets 20+mpg, better than anything mopar has put out in a long time - for the cost that is. Yes I know the Viper is there blah blah blah.

Now we have the Challenger, which are all over the place as far as ETs and HP as evident from this forum alone. They cost a bunch, and weigh a ton.

Mopar lost alot of fan base with the younger crowd by having NOTHING to fit that base. Yeah we had the Neon SRT4 or what ever. But no real muscle.

I have looked for a good LS1 car for a while. They are fun cars, very reliable powerplant. Some tranny issues when you start pressing them hard, but thats to be expected.

Im not sure I would go the route you are going, for the simple reason as someonen else stated. When your done, your not going to have a very sellable car. For the same price you could buy a camaro, or bird, drive it to the track run faster. Handle better and have something that can sell very easily. Problem is, you have a newer body style F body - which are not rare, and can be seen just about anywhere, with anybody driving one. Doesnt have the appeal of the older iron.

With all that said - its your car, your sweat, and your tears. Be proud of what ever you put together and enjoy it.

Im not overly brand loyal, I lean towards Mopar. But they dont pay me to advertise for them. If all things created equal I would perfer to be in a mopar, but at times I have owned and raced GM cars as well.