Quote:

It doesn't surprise me that you can do this. Stock 318 springs are pretty wimpy and especially with age. I don't feel that this is our problem though. It may cause a high RPM miss do to float but idle should be uneffected. Also it would not effect the whole side.[/qoute]

Well CRAP I was hoping this was it... I did think it would effect it more at higher rpms but was hoping...

Quote:

The ONE thing that's common on all the driver's side cylinders but not with the passenger's side is the exhaust pipe leading to the Y.

I checked the exhaust- no obstructions.

Quote:

Vacuume issue! Power brakes? If so check the line. If not you may have an internal vacuume leak on the intake gasket. A V8 will not run on 4 cylinders on the highway. Pull all 4 plugwires and try to drive it.

Someone on the H.A.M.B suggested an intake vac leak in the valley. I changed the intake gaskets. The intake didnt look machined or warped but... How would I check for a leak under the intake???

Quote:

My question is - Did this thing run good at one time and just st art this?? What did you do to the engine prior to it doing this? Did you change anything??

I had major carb problems- bent parts from a previous owner. After getting it fixed it ran okay. Not much low end power but seemed fairly smooth. Only a slight miss that was very hard to hear. It started getting worse for no reason at all. When I started looking into it, thats when I found the 4 cyls not working...