Quote:

well if you have spark and compression all you need is fuel, since you spark is there and your compression is there that leaves fuel right??? Now I have no idea why or how that it's not. Pull the plugs on that bank turn the engine over a bunch.. you should get fuel pushing out the plug holes..if you do then you have fuel. Are you sure that intake runs both banks from the carb? meaning if you did have an issue w/ the drives side bbl it would run both sides off the pass side?
I only ask because I can't think of any other reason you car shouldn't be running.

The intake is a 2 brrl intake with a adapter to run the holley 2 barrel on it. the intake seprates the carb barrls at the top but the adapter plate leaves a bit of a opening for both sides under the carb. Passenger side feeds cyls 3,5,2,8 and drivers side of carb feeds 1,7,4,6 (I may have that backward but you get the idea).

Im picking up a tach later today and after I test the idle drop as i short each plug wire I can try to remove the carb and spin it 180 degrees and remount. Since I wont need the linkages and can plug the vac ports all I will have to do is extend the gas line a bit. That should confirm or rule out if one side of the carb is causing it.