Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I went with 440 source. Bolted in, fired right up, no hassles except I STILL had to drop the headers to install it. I thought the whole point of a mini-starter was not having to do that.

Nah, its just for clearance so you don't have to your headers.

Looking at your application listed above , 383 , what's the header tube size ?

I believe 1 7/8" tube size with 3" collectors.

Good luck , I tried a mini starter on a 383 with the 143 tooth bellhousing and no name , i think they were black jack , 1 3/4 " headers and there was no way it was going to fit , I had to hammer on the one tube to clear the std gear reduction starter as it was right up hard against the header . Most headers designs are a compromise to fit in the chassis , sometimes multiple , and the 2 different deck heights along with the different trans configurations .

oh , what exact header are you using ???

I think you need to go back to the other thread and see the post by the guy that that said the snout on his robbmc starter was a little oversize to fit in his snout register for whatever reason , this may be your issue as the robbmc starter may be your ONLY choice for a mini on a low deck with headers .

Somewhat unrelated but you'll get the idea of what you are up against with a low deck. I had to dimple the headpipe on my 69 383, 4speed Dart using stock manifolds and a mini starter because the starter is just too close to the headpipe. and this is with the 130 tooth flywheel setup, if it was the 143 tooth setup it would have been hard against the pipe and required a larger application of the