Quote:

Quote:

Espo is questionable in my eyes. I sent them an email last week and they gave me the worst response that I have ever gotten from a vendor. I don't know how well they truly "know" their product.

I think the front end set up may eliminate most of the factory induced under steer. If I can get controllable power over steer, I could feel pretty content without a rear bar.

On a side note, what would be the consequence of getting two of the same sided leaf springs ? What motion does the extra leaf on one side control ? This was an early morning thought from a few weeks ago that has been nagging me. What if I got two of the 'extra leaf' springs and used those ?

Not knowing what ESPO said, it's hard for me to imagine them screwing up what they do with springs. I think they have some pretty standard shop drawings, and then add/subtract/arch to the customer's request. Very little detailed info comes from them (which is too bad).

The front setup you're going for will INCREASE understeer, all else being equal. That's why you need to get a feel for what the rear end will do with the new springs. I found the unknown-quantity higher-rate rear springs to be a good match for the front bars on my Valiant, but only by accident. The rate is much lower than some successful autoXers I know, so I was a little worried at first. I have an ADDCO rear bar - in the rafters of the garage. Once I determine that I need it, I'll put it on, but I don't have the need now.

The extra leaf controls axle wrap on the one side of the car. Two extras makes a balanced pair, side to side, that's all. Power oversteer is controlled by your right foot, not the sway bar. Adding right foot to a tail-happy car could get un-fun pretty quickly.

Clair

I am getting that the distinct feeling that using the 1.22" bars is going to make matching of components near impossible without trial and error.

Clair, thanks for righting my comments. I need as much help thinking this through as possible.

Rick, Ideally I would like to be able to run the short track stuff like the tracks available in this area. Events such as the Silverstate are not the type of action I am after, my car would fall apart if I kept it above 100 for a few miles.

All in all, I am looking to have a few steps up in terms of a controllable mopar. If I could get 1" bars, I think the match of XHD springs would be almost perfect in terms of balance for the car.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.