Biggest problem I see here is a F/R roll rate unbalance. Unless you go with 12-leaf truck rear springs (kidding), the car sure sounds like it will understeer. I'm not sure what exactly you'll be using the car for...I'm an old fart and I guess I don't quite understand the term "G Machine". If the car will be used on short tracks, especially, you'd want the car pretty loose. Mild looseness is also fun on a canyon carver. But as speeds increase - like Silver State - your setup gets closer and closer to spot-on! All these cars (classic Mopars) have less and less understeer as speeds increase.

On the rear leafs: I've played with some of the Espo and Eaton springs, all seem quite good. The Eatons, in fact, were like factory XHDs: plastic interliners at the tips of each leaf, PLUS zinc interleafs! But getting the right rate and arch can be a daunting task.

On one car I built recently - one that was intended as more of a cruiser, an early B-body - I used A-body MP XHD repro leafs; I was worried that the car was gonna sit TOO low and be too soft. WRONG. In fact, overall, I'd have to say that I'm impressed with them - it was the first pair of 'em that I've used in about 10 years. But I think that the probably aren't stiff enough to counterbalance your killer front end.

Monoleafs without some add-on control arm are useless. And I don't know enough about Cal-Tracs to comment on using them in a handling application...basically, I defer to those who have hands-on (tires-on/) experience.

Which brings us to MP S/S springs: First, if I were to duplicate my Valiant today, I'd absolutely use another pair of dearched S/S's. But this time I'd use 2 right side springs. And I'd surely stay with quadrashocks for axle windup control.

The nice thing about the S/S springs is that they are made in four spring rates. Good, because unless you're the kind of guy who goes to Vegas, wins $10K on the first try and walks, you might well need a couple of attempts to get it right.

Which brings me to the bottom line: It's really tough to do this kind of engineering / planning on paper. Even the most sophisticated engineering firms (British Midlands) and automakers use computer programs to get in the ballpark, but then go to a heavily instrumented 4-post hydraulic table - and the street and track - to get it really dialed in.

Rick