Quote:

Quote:

So, as I've repeatedly ranted, the Lokar works OK if the installer knows to match the total travel of the cable attach points and installs a spring.

The Bouchillon kit contains the trans lever so there's no mismatch in travel and it uses a more robust, easily located cable.

I think this is the main thing Lokar buyers should be aware of. My first observation of the Lokar kit was the horrible directions. I installed mine as per directions on a freshly rebuilt 727 & thought it was right, 2 years & the tranny was toast. Then I learned more about throttle position importance, had the trans. rebuilt again, and again used the Lokar cable, WITH MODIFIED MOUNT POSITION ON TRANS. KICK DOWN LEVER. Its working fine so far, but I keep a close eye on adjustment. I bought it, I'm using it, but I would not buy another one. Bouchillion or a manual valve body next time.

You give a perfect example of what J. Kunkel is talking about, people think it's working fine when it's really not, it won't fry the trans overnight.