Quote:

You have to understand what "drop" we are talking about. The start of the thread was "overcharging" which seems to be caused by voltage drop IN ONE CIRCUIT, IE the circuit feeding the ign terminal of the regulator. DEPENDING on where this drop is coming from, it may not affect other circuits at all.

With that in mind, I started tracing the wiring diagram to see where the circuit that feeds the IGN terminal goes to. One of the connections, DK Blue TR feeds to the ignition switch, and then directly from there feeds into the Brake Light Warning Lamp and brake light pressure switch. By coincidence, this light is always on (and pretty darn bright too, compared to other lights in the dash). I never worried about it before, since the brakes work fine I was just going to get to it later.

This may not be the problem, but it gives me a logic spot to start. (And if someone wants to chime in and say "well OF COURSE that's the problem, I'd be OK with that).

I also noticed that both of the IGN feed wires run through the bulkhead on either side of the Black Ammeter wire that fried the other day right at the bulkhead connector. Maybe they were bad too, but since they weren't obviously fried I didn't notice. (And someone above said I should re-check all those anyway)

At least at this point I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed by where to start. I might skip the relay thing until I at least track down some basic stuff. Its good to know that if all else fails, I can fall back on the relay for now.