Quote:

Quote:

in reality it would be cheaper to pay a competent carb tuner to tune what you have than it will be to install and tune an EFI setup.

Agreed. But where to find this 'competent' person? Not at a local garage these days - so it's specialty shops only. And they need to be within driving distance, because they really ought to have the car to tune it on...

Exactly. And I'll do one even better. My 750DP is an AED Specialties prepped carb. I really like it actually (for a carburetor). All I've really done is check the float levels, and the carb runs REALLY GOOD. But I'm gonna tell you, no matter how well it is tuned, it still hard starts in warm weather WITH the wooden spacer, AND it absolutely reekazoids of raw fuel at idle. Black soot flyin' out of the exhaust pipes during cold startups and leaving that raw unburnt fuel on the ground behind the tailpipes. I've yet to find a Holley that doesn't stink like crazy at idle (my car or others). Some people just seem to deal with it, and might even discard the fact that they are rich at idle because it doesn't bother them, and they don't even notice it maybe?

Having said all that, I could be asking too much from a carb, and maybe that's why I'm liking the sound of EFI

Last edited by 68Bullit; 06/10/09 08:39 PM.