Quote:

So how does buying a new bigblock solve carburetor problems???

Quote:

it doesn't but thinking you can just throw a EFi set-up together and start driving isn't logical. Plus all b-bodys should have big blocks.

x2 on the bigblock!

Yes, EFI will take a bit of tweaking, just like most any other bolt-on-part shakedown. Probably more tweaking, but tweaking can be far faster, and if done via laptop can be done any time you drive the car, without opening the hood.

One HUGE benefit I see to EFI, though, is that it is far faster and easier to make fueling/spark changes than with a carb. If you have the knowledge/experience to know what an engine needs, it is easier to modify the system than with a carb (if you're computer savvy, anyway). No rods, jets, air bleeds, choke adjustments, distributor curves – all are changed electronically (some of them while you drive!).

I have a wideband O2 gauge on one of my carbureted cars. I can tell where/when it is lean/rich, but even the smoothest tune is a compromise somewhere, either in MPG or HP or idle quality. It also loves more timing advance when cold, but fights against it when hot. I use an MSD Timing Computer with to handle that, but that’s a crude compromise, too. With EFI it's adjusted via intake air and coolant temp parameters.

Yes, it can be pretty straightforward to slap on a carb and get to work, but there's no learning or envelope-pushing involved there.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.