Quote:

... Just getting a little tired of tuning carbs, and all of the problems that carbs have ...

Quote:

For the cost of the EFI set up you could have a nice big block in the car.

So how does buying a new bigblock solve carburetor problems???

The Affordable kit is a GM ECU and TB. I'll speak in some generalities here:
The 'standard' kit includes teh 305/350-sized TB, which is good for about 250 HP of airflow. The stock 454 TB and injectors (which they list for the 'over 360 kit') will be limited to maybe 300-325 hp based on the throttle body and injectors they use. They reprogam the chip to match the engine specs you give them. If you mod your engine too much, it may no longer perform as well. Sure, you could then adjust fuel pressure and put some specially-sized resistors on the sensors to trick the ECU, but personally I'd rather have one I could tune via a laptop.

As mentioned, Megasquirt (MS) is a good item for those that want to tune their own, or want near-infinite flexibility if they ever modify their engine down the road. MS (and probably the others, too) allow ECU 'learning' via wideband O2 sensor (that is above/beyond mere closed-loop corrections!). Try that with your carburetor! MS will allow you to control spark if you want, too – you could do fuel first and spark later (or vise versa).

Setting up the hardware, whether it be TBI or port EFI, depends on your budget, HP target and how much you are willing to do yourself. Low HP systems have lots more options (like the TBI or the Magnum beerbarrel) while higher HP gets more expensive (as usual).

68Bullit - I'm gonna PM you some info...

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.