If you want to do some trial and error testing, attached is some starting point. Otherwise just buy the kit around 5600 rpm.

Here is a post from somebody that I saved from way back when:

Quote:

I added the A&A Hemi (5600rpm)govorner into my 727 that had the TF-2 reprogrammer kit. Before the govorner install, I was getting my WOT shifts from 1-2 @ 5100rpms and my 2-3 shifts @ 5300rpms and I wanted more like 5800rpms for both.
Now that I have installed the new govorner (with the TF-2 kit adjusted to STREET)and after a few line pressure adjustments, my 1-2 shift is at 4600rpms and my 2-3 shift is at the 5800rpm mark. I need to get the 1-2 shift to apx 5800rpms. How can I do this without affecting the 2-3 shift that is right where I want it, and my light throttle 1-2 and 2-3 are also where I like them.
Can I change out the 1-2 spring in the valve body?

August '02 Mopar Muscle mag has the info you need. Yes, the 1-2 shift spring change is your best bet. I have been talking to Rick @ A&A about this very thing. Line pressure needs to be 80-90# @ 1,000 rpm with the kick down at idle position and 110-120# at full detent. The higher you go from there, the more trial and error dialing the precise shift points requires. They took the 1-2 shift spring kit out of the catalog for awhile, but it will be in the new catalog and is available. (At least to A&A governor customers) I put the 5,800 governor in my 'Cuda and ended up with 6,400 into 2nd and 6,200 into 3rd. And that's with 88# and 110# respectively.

This is the response that I got from A&A:
"Yes, we have a split shift RPM fix for the 1-2. It is our part Number AASVS-1 in the catalog. It sells for $25.00, and includes 2 springs and
instructions. It usually works out really well and doesn't affect the light throttle too much, but can a little. It sure is a challenge to get
both shifts dead on, but with these springs we have had great results."

For reference:
The A&A kit comes with two springs for $25. You pick one spring or the other to replace the existing spring on the 1-2 shift valve. One spring corrects most 400-600 rpm splits while the other spring corrects most 600-1000 rpm splits per the instructions. The instructions are very clear with pictures for 62-70 & 71/up valve bodies.

Update:
You have to pull the valve body completely off because the end plate is located on the top side of the valve body assembly.
I replaced the 1-2 shift spring that had a much lighter tension rating than that of the heavier spring from A&A (600-1000rpm split spring).
My first observation was that the tranny used to shift from 1-2 at 15mph at very light accel, now it shifts at 20mph under the same conditions. This makes that shift situation a little anoying (issue #1)going thru the local neighborhood but it makes medium/hard accel strong.
Then I noticed that my 2-3 shift at very light accel happes too quickly at 26mph (issue #2). This was an issue before the govorner/spring changes that I have made over the last couple of months. I just have not got to that issue yet.
The WOT 1-2 shift is now at 55-5600rpms while the 2-3 WOT shift is still at the 57-5800rpm mark. For my intended purpose, this WOT issue is now resolved with just the spring change from A&A.