Quote:

I'm 'cheap' too, I've never bought a new intake. Over 10yrs I've grabbed good deals on about 1/2 dozen different b block intakes just to try them out, including the rpm perf. That's the one on the car now (with efi).

We'll all I can say is that you're a lucky guy! I WISH i could find a used B block RPM manifold at the swaps. I jsut checked ebay for grins and I found a couple and all of them were $250+.

I ain't knocking the intake...just saying that compared to stock the SD is really not that bad.

That Mopar muscle article was also WAY more foregiving of the SD than the Hot rod one. For some reason the Hot rod one had great results on just a plain jane performer!?!?! I wanna call foul on that one. That vanilla performer is basically an aluminum version of the stock intake! I have one here on the shelf too and I KNOW the SD runs way better than that intake did on my 383.

Bottom line is if you got it and you have taller than 3.23 gears I don't think its a bad call to use it...unless you have an RPM than it's not an argument.

'73 GK6 Challenger Rallye - 340 4-Speed