Quote:

hey guys, GUUUYS, don't miss the deal here. HE IS NOT THINKING on build an stroker. NOT EVERY 400 NEEDS TO BE STROKED!!!

if you get the earliers 383 CR, what is pretty much easy changing the pistons you should be close to 330 HP, like earliers 383, maybe little bit more due the increased displacement and the spreadbore carb disposition.

so go with KB240 pistons, metalick headgasket, HP camshaft and you are done... should get same 383 power or little bit more.

The HP cam is not really a requirement since earliers 400 magunms got same 383 and 440 camshafts, but, $130-160 more investment won't hurt and will be noticeable. since 74 400 magnums got the basic camshaft

if you want little bit more, port and slightly mill the heads. 383 got power also con OPEN HEADS soooo no need to change the heads either, but if you have acces to closed, that will be fine!!!, an advice is install hardened valve seats. Maybe don't really needed but better just in case.

383 and 400 are same engines but bigger and lower pistons... change the pistons height and VOILA.

not everyone wants to race!!!!

I'm going right now with same pistons and camshaft upgrades and some job on heads

Good advice there. Yes I already have the '65 383
closed chamber heads and also I have the 383 steel crank as well. Dont know if Id ever have a use for it but it's there in case because Id have it balanced anyways.

Gonna look at cams that will give strong low end torque to.