Quote:

why not get a stock flywheel redrilled for the smaller clutch? basically all your adding is the 6 holes that bolt on the clutch if i'm understanding this correctly. if its too hard to drill, the flywheel can be EDM, this may not be a really cheap option but with minimal effort you could try it.

Jerry,
The clutch isn't really the issue, it's the flywheel ring gear located differently on the Libby flywheel versus the LA flywheel. With an LA flywheel bolted to the crank, the starter bendix won't reach the ring gear teeth because the ring gear is too far back. I bought a Liberty flex plate that was cheap and available vs. a Libby flywheel which was expensive, unavailable, and useless, and the teeth appear to line up properly. NOTE: The center hub is exactly the same as old Mopar engines.

So, I need to see if an LA flywheel can be put together with the ring gear located in the Libby position, a little over 1 ring gear width closer to the block than stock LA. My stock LA FW's have a little step machined to hold the ring gear in place, not enough to push the ring gear forward enough to work. I'm hoping that maybe an aftermarket flywheel will have a deeper step, OR, maybe the guys at RAM/McCleod/Whoever can make one for not a lot of extra bucks.

Clair