Originally Posted by MI_Custumz
I know it's not a heat soak issue, although that may have contributed to the problem, because I get nothing even after it sits for days. I have new cables as of last year. It is a purple wire to the solenoid along with the one hooked to the fuse box. The ignition switch on the column is new last year or the year before. Neutral safety switch hasn't been replaced or isolated yet. I was going to take the console lid off to tinker with that one day. Should be able to see which one is hot when I turn it to start and go from there as far as voltage. If I connect the hot wire when starting to the wire going to the solenoid with a jumper wire, that should tell me if it's the wiring or switch by checking voltages and isolating the switch. I'm not real mechanical, so this is going to be something I may ask more on. It's not an original starter, but works fine when I hit the button for the fuse panel power to it. I kind of don't want to replace the starter because I'm not sure how to shim it if it needs to be shimmed. Removing and replacing parts is fine as long as they match up old and new.

being an "Automagic" try moving the shifter by jiggling in park or try Neutral. If it magically starts it is likely the NS Switch or it needs adjusting. Disconnecting the output wire to the starter and using a test light is helpful wink
keep us posted beer