Thanks for the further input. I was really enjoying the debate between DaveRS23 & Sniper with both of you making valid points worth considering. Then you guys went to the banter and tarnished it a bit. frown But seriously, thank you both for your input just the same. It was educational for me and I am sure will be for others as well.

BDW, thank you for the link. That is a deal. If I can make up my mind before it is gone.

Neal & FurryStump- You are both right. I'm not afraid of a little tuning and expect any choice will need dialed in. Jets, metering rods, etc, for the TQ's are just not readily available anymore is why I'm looking away from the beloved TQ. And I am currently in one of those spots where my time is more valuable to me than even the price of a new carb. At least in the $500 & down range of the group I opened with. The AVS2 with the annular boosters as an evolution interested me and why I am considering them. However, being a fan of the TQ as Dave rightfully pointed out, the SD is very tempting to try. And has been testified to by multiples, the 1406 is a solid piece too. It's good to have choices.

I just want the OOB to start, run, and be drivable. I tried tuning this thing with that shot TQ on it and gave up. Once I get a carb on it that while not idle at 700 rpm with the primaries fully closed, (the throttle shaft leak is massive) I'll have a better chance at getting this little engine dialed in. Right now the idle is 700 to 1300 depending on how the primary shaft rotates back on let off.

2012 Challenger SRT
2012 Charger SXT AWD
69 Charger R/T
78 Chrysler New Yorker 440CI
89 Dodge Daytona ES 2.5L Turbo
99 Ram 2500 4X4 5.9L6