Originally Posted by hooziewhatsit
Sounds like he doesn't want to run the current for the trailer lights through the wiring in the truck?

Having the 4 wires to the trailer triggering their own relays would work. Though it would be overkill, unless he has a few kw of lights.

I have a small fuse block inline with the wiring to the trailer. If a wire on the trailer shorts out, it will hopefully blow that fuse, keeping the lights on the truck functional.

Maybe I am reading it wrong?
I read he had a 1972 Dodge Demon, and wants to tow a small dealer with Demon not truck.
His plan I assume is to, pull a small trailer with extra parts, tools and supplies. Small trailer with stuff in case something needed in route.
I believe the rules state you must be stand alone vs a chase team to repair
Guys toss slicks, drag radial on roof, back seat etc. So they have highway tires on car ect. And how small trailer with tools, parts, few race gas cans ect.
He sound be fine with a 4 pin for lights, signals, brake lights on a tiny trailer. (ASSUME) He is towing with an A Body

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough