Originally Posted by cdwmotorsports
I'm doing Dragweek this year (1972 Demon) and I'm wanting to isolate the car wiring from the trailer wiring. I once heard it could be done with relays. If anyone has any suggestions, tech articles etc. I'd appreciate the help.

I've used 25 amp relays in several different uses and applications, you can to wrench up
You can use the OEM wires to activate the relays (battery input to the on side of the relays) and use a bigger battery feed wire to all four relays, each light circuit or individual battery feeds to each relay work scope
it is your choice on which way to go, work scope up None of the light circuits should have a large current draw so using a #4 up to a #8 gauge battery feed size wire to feed all the relays individually should work well twocents
I would mount the relays in the trunk next to the driver's side taillights on a homemade bracket and tap into the trunk wiring harness there to do this job up I would remove around one inch of the wire insulation, don't cut them apart, and then wrap the new wire pigtail going to each relay and solder and heat shrink insulate each joint up scope wrench

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/16/24 03:14 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)