Bobcat have some clever ideas in equipment of all sizes, and last I knew they were still using Kubota power.

A few years ago I tried to purchase a new T550 from them. Used machine was not an option.

Bobcat authorizes the dealership network to run like a Mafia and you are forced to purchase from the one in your area no matter how miserable they are to deal with. And they can set whatever price they want on the machine. I called two out-of-area dealers for price quotes. The Thieves in my area were $14,000.00 higher than BOTH of the other dealerships. Had I bought the machine out of area, warranty was voided and the VIN gets red-flagged in their system. Needless to say, but I literally told Bobcat to go F*&# themselves and bought my ASV.

Not trying to de-rail the thread, but, the equipment topic doesn't come up often, and just putting this out there to help anyone else shopping for a new Machine.

On engines, my Dad's John Deere 3520 is Yanmar 37 hp 3cyl turbo power and that's a great engine. Setting at 1000hrs now. Photo attached of the identical machine to His.

ASV run Cummins and Deutz in their large machines, and are now Yanmar in the smaller machines. They still run the Perkins that I have but dropped the rating from 34hp to 24.7hp. My Dealer told me their reason was under 25hp they are emissions exempt.

I hope you update the thread with some fotos of you working that new machine, Guitar. up I'm especially curious on how well that Hoe works.

If anyone else is shopping: GET A CAB WITH AIR CONDITIONING!!!! wink

jd1.jpg

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".