Quote:

Hey guys,

I installed new convertible pump lines on my 71 Challenger and the top is going up and down but slowly. I can see that the lines aren't completly full. Air pockets move around when it goes up or down. How do I bleed the system? Should the lines be completly full with fluid? If I crack a nut to put more fluid in it begins to leak out, more like spew out. I've only been filling it with the top down should it be up? Any suggestions you have are appreciated.

Thanks Dave

what we did with the packards, was to simply run the top up and down a bunch. since the fluid flow goes in both directions for the rams, it will 'self bleed' as air in the lines gets pumped to the resevoir and floats to the top...much like your PS pump/system and how it will "self bleed"

run it a bunch of times, and let it sit incase its so low that the fluid gets aerated, once the bubbles are out, top off the resevoir and run it through some more.

shouldn't matter if the cylinders are extended or compressed, because of how the pump drives the cylinders both ways, so no matter what position the rams are in, there's one side that is "full" and the other side that is "empty"

**Photobucket sucks**