Originally Posted by 69superbee383
I recently picked up 2022 Wrangler Sport that only had 1k miles on it. The auto start stop system is Rube Goldberg and has an auxiliary battery under the regular battery that will fail. The fuse box had half the fuses not seated and several wire connections were loose. All is easily corrected however.

That said mine is a 6MT and I was looking forward to having a manual as around here they are rare. After a couple weeks of driving it I can say without hesitation do not get a manual. This thing has the worst clutch feel of any MT I have ever driven. As in it has none. It is mush. You can’t feel the engagement point. Also the gear ratios are not optimal. First is fairly steep as you would expect in a vehicle designed for off road but in to 3rd and after the ratios just don’t seem to make sense. I rarely use 5th or 6th unless on the highway. And an added bonus is that all MT Jeeps have a clutch recall with no fix yet. My guess is people are burning them up for the above reason.

I sold my 2020 Power Wagon for what I paid for it new. Picked this thing up for 12k under its sticker effectively new. So I pocketed almost 17k in the downsizing. So I can’t complain. I will keep the thing and live with its faults.

That said you can probably buy a Ram 1500 5.7 for the price of a Gladiator. I would go with the Ram.

they have had clutch issues for years. when we got our 2016 Wrangler we never considered a manual for that reason.

Last edited by abodyjoe; 02/20/24 07:28 AM.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com