I am not 1200 HP But here is my story and challenges

Building Street Strip street car has been quite the ride for me, especially since I'm still pretty green when it comes to strip cars. Right now, I've got a F1X Procharger with the smallest pulleys, giving me about 15 lbs of boost. I have the pulley to really turn it up! and hitting higher HP sounds awesome, but I'm worried it might mess with how reliable my car is for street driving, and how likely the engine and trans are going to last... which is my main thing.

I've been trying to keep a good balance between street stuff and being fast on the strip. My ride's got a foot brake car, a tight converter, 3.54 gears, and it runs on pump gas. Plus, I've kept steel fenders/inner fender/interior and no lexan. I've hit some decent times, like 9.60 at 144 mph (very slow off the line with 3.54) and 6.15 in the 1/8 mile at 3780 lbs, but there's still room for improvement, especially with different gear ratios. (I did use race gas additive at the track)

One headache I've run into is cooling, especially on hot days or long drives. The engine gets way too hot because the Air to Air intercooler blocks the radiator. Street driving with this much power is a handful, too. Tires spinning out, even at higher speeds, keeps you on your toes. It's a blast, but I need to remind myslef to respect the power.

I've been thinking about ways to make things work better for both street cruising and strip racing. Maybe running without boost on the street and then kicking it in for the track could be an option. (relatively easy to remap the fuel injection system) Or ditching the intercooler to cool things down better with water/meth injection, even if it means topping up the reservoir now and then. I've even thought about stripping out some of the inner fenders for weight and cooling and high MPH handling, but I kinda like the look of a classic street car.

Going more race mode with 3.72 4.10 gears is tempting, and I am try9ing the 3.73 this year. Should really help 60 fts.
I am not an experienced drag racer and I'm still figuring things out, learning from each step, and keeping an eye on my buddy's setup with the twin-turbo BBC. It's a balancing act, trying to find the sweet spot between street manners and track performance. But hey, every tweak gets me a bit closer to that perfect mix.

Here are some pics

Because its a Mopar I had to make the brackets for the procharger myself. They really work well and are sturdy

20230924_095442.jpgroadrunner-suspension2.png
Last edited by Kam*Kuda; 02/16/24 06:37 PM.

1970 Barracuda Convertible
1968 Satellite Street Strip car
1654.5 Mustang
1955 Land Rover